The Professional Traveller.

The Professional traveller

I am Mageshwar, from chennai, taking care of promotional and branding activities for a manufacturing firm pan India. I get to visit all over India . I have always written poems and articles not much published. This article is a start wherein I wanted to share my wide travel experiences in a very abstract way. Some piece of information would help a lot of people who travel professionally. And its nothing relatable to the Bikers guys, because they explore in a different perspective.So,

First Proper Blog - About How much I have traveled and a note of my perception, a pakka Thamizh guy perception after travelling to 26 different places in India.

Note: Its all about my experiences and fellow Indians, dont get offended . So here am going to list down the places I have visited and my visits are like, I stay in a three star hotel atleast and my work in the rugged places wherever I go. I intend to work in the Transport Nagars, Auto Nagars. So basically its meeting people, not just conference room presentation talks. Share autos, Bikes, Local Buses, AC buses, Train, Flights, E Scooters, Rickshaws.

So let me Start with 5 places here,

1. Jaipur, Rajasthan :


I took this place first becuz its the most fav city I have visited so far.

Food    : Its mostly butter scrambled over anything you order, You can get good food here.
People : Its one of the cities in North where I can see colors which arent fake, not just the lip glosses(naish gals). People mind their own business here and can see a lot of Chennai .
Jaipur  : Beautiful city. Visited the three Forts on top of three hills which are interconnected through tunnels. Its the best evenings I have had so far during my travel.
Weather: The trip was in Jan end, its was about 16 Degrees in the Evenings. I had to wear gloves.

Stay: Bella Vista, Jaipur. I must admit, Hotels in Jaipur give us awesome quality in rooms, when I say quality, its the floor, beds, Kettle, Hot water, no noisy AC, clean and pleasant paints. And they gave me Thamizh TV Channels. Jaipur is really cool.

What to Buy: You get it all in chennai, Maybe you can visit the local market around the Jaipur Palace.

Photography skill  with an Asus :P : Amer Fort- Night Tourism. It was just Wow.


2. Mumbai, Maharashtra.


 Mumbai is wide and huge. Fashion. Fast. Didnt like the first look of it. Stench of Pan Masala everywhere. Man you would really hate it, mudiyala.

Food    : Didnt explore much. Had a chinese hotel nearby and were able to manage with it.
People : Ah people!. Could perceive a lot. I could see a lot of cosmetics and I could see a lot of bollywood in the way people dress. Fashion in Attire. My colleague would wear his 150 Rs Rayban Coolers all day even if its dark around.
Mumbai: A very Fast ctiy, I almost lost my shoe while getting down the last station in Thane East. You are good here if you know marathi well. Not a very good experience.
Weather: The trip was in july end and it was raining most of the time.
Stay: Blue Bell Residency , Thane East. Never ever book a hotel in goibibo for 7 days straight paying all your money even if its a Fab* hotel tagged. Not a good stay for a lone traveller.
What to Buy: Lot of cosmetics, perfumes, shoes just anything you can wear. You can just buy anything, but you will always that feeling of buying a fake one.

It was really a surprise when I saw this somewhere in Dadar area.

3. Jalandhar, Punjab:


 I also visited Ludhiana and Chandigarh. Punjab- Rivers-Pleasant- Clean- Green which is what I had in mind, my school text books had it in me maybe. But punjab is totally different. Mediocore cities, No hills right there. Jalandhar was really good though, Had the best hotel to stay so far.

Food    : Rotis, Parathas and mostly Vegetarian food. Butter with anything. No chawal. Roti thinnu.
People : Everyone doesnt wear Turbans. Men are big and strong (oru singh handshake pannaru, puah kadakmudak than kaila). Women, Couldn see much :(. my bad :P.
Punjab: Could have visited Amritsar, missed it though. Normal places. Had malls then and there. Jalandhar had good places to visit.
Weather: Weather was normal. Not too hot not too cold. The trip was in Mid May.

Stay: Leo Fort, Thanks to my colleague who took me there. Best hotel I have stayed so far. Mass ah irunthuchu.

Leo Fort, Jalandhar.


4. Guwahati, Assam


 Guwahati is a different experience. I also visited Lokhra. Vsisited Basistha Temple. It was a very pleasant place.
Food    : You should try Khorikka Restaurant and Khorikka food for sure. It means fish/chicken/meat cooked using bamboo sticks.
People : People talk asamese. There is the Pan Effect here also.
Guwahati: It would be a very beautiful place resembling kerala if at all they handle garbage very well. I saw garbage spills in most corners in the main city. Guwahati had hills nearby. My colleague s Home was in a hill. It cost high to build a home here. Forest around, you get rocks if you dig. A pleasant place.
Weather: The trip was in april end and the weather was cool mostly.
Stay: Hotel Sagar, Best in the city .

Colleague s Home. Nights are dark and full of terrors if I get to stay here :D

Khorikka Food.

5.Lucknow, UP


     Cool, Pleasant ,chillz apdinu than ponaen. Lucknow, Kanpur - couldn explore much and really it wasnt what I had in mind about the place. Ganga is wide and abundant but it would all go to sea.

Food    : Wasnt good. Lucknow Special Wahid Briyani nu soliduvanga, saptratheenga. One lesson I learnt is you can never get the aura and taste of a  South Indian Briyani in the north, whatever they name it. Should Try Rogan Josh Mutton.
Traffic : Ennada Vandi ootreenga. GTA than.
People : People. Couldn meet much. All went into travelling.The Pan Effect. Stench everywhere
Lucknow : It was a bad stay for me. I had to change hotels. Hospitality is joke here if you wouldn know hindi.
Weather: The trip was in August. The weather was normal.
Stay: Continental Hotel was better than Yorks Inn. Dont stay in Charbagh Area if you wish a quite place.

No pics taken except when I boarded the flight. The joy of returning home.

Enna sonnalum Chennai na Chennai than. You can very well roam around after a second show. Maximum police pidichu paper kamikka soluvanga. I dont think its possible for a non hindi guy in other parts of india. Most places.

Comments

  1. Nice one, Mageshwar. I can see you have a passion to explore, travel, meet people and above all, observe the differences. Keep it up!
    Try & learn spoken Hindi and visit these same places - you will enjoy more; you will get the same degree of comfort like in Chennai.
    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good insight bro... Nice one

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Need of the Hour - Is to Express! Isnt it?

Why PONDICHERRY is not a destination for Industries? Why there isnt any opportunity for me to work in my hometown?